Lawrence, Methuen, and Dracut Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Lawrence, Methuen, or Dracut basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 978-688-2242
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Lawrence and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Call us for assistance in cleaning your flooded basement at 978-688-2242
When Mold Invades Your Lawrence, Methuen, or Dracut Home
When mold invades your home, make sure you know who to call
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-688-2242
We Are an IICRC Certified Firm
Our company photo of the in house staff
SERVPRO of Lawrence is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Lawrence
SERVPRO of Lawrence specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew
SERVPRO of Lawrence, Methuen, and Dracut At Your Service
So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Flooding and water damage events at Lawrence, Methuen, and Dracut commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Lawrence, Methuen, and Dracut
SERVPRO of Lawrence, Methuen, and Dracut specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When You See Mold, Call Us Today
Mold Can Spread and Multiply Faster than You Realize
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Lawrence for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Lawrence specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-688-2242
Water Damage Doesn't Wait Until You Are Home or at Work
Water damages do not wait until you are there to see them. But when yo do find it, call us!
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO® of Lawrence provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO® of Lawrence arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 978-688-2242
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO® of Lawrence
SERVPRO® of Lawrence specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO®’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew
This Old House's Tips on Preventing Plumbing Leaks
Preventing leaks is the first key to keeping your home dry, but SERVPRO of Lawrence is here when something goes wrong.
This Old House uses plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey to show homeowners how to detect and stop plumbing leaks that can be common in homes.
This video shows the following steps (taken from the This Old House website):
1. Use a battery-powered moisture sensor for most-basic level of protection.
2. Set moisture sensor on floor beside water heater, washing machine or sink. If a leak occurs, the sensor will sound an alarm.
3. A wireless shut-off valve can be connected to several wireless moisture sensors. When a leak is detected, the valve automatically shuts off the water flow.
4. Place a drip pan beneath a water heater to catch any leaks. However, it's important to connect the pan to a nearby drain.
5. For a higher level of water-heater security, install an automatic shut-off valve with moisture sensor.
6. If you can't raise the water heater to slide in a drip pan, wrap a flexible water dam around the base of the heater. Then set a water sensor inside the dam to detect moisture.
7. Set your washing machine on top of a plastic pan, then run a drainpipe from the pan to a nearby floor drain.
8. Install an automatic shut-off valve with moisture sensor to the wall directly behind the washing machine.
9. Plug in the washing machine and then attach the two water hoses. The valve will automatically shut-off the sensor detects a leak.
10. To prevent damage from busted water-supply lines, install an in-line automatic shut-off valve.
Prevention is the best way, but when a water damage does occur, reach out to the professionals who will make it "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO of Lawrence is here to help!
Choosing the Right Roof For Your Home
Knowing the damage that can occur in your region will help determine the type of roof that belongs on your home.
The right roof for your home can not only look good, but always can protect your home during a storm. Here, we share a blog from Budget Dumpster on how to pick the right roof for you.
"Types of Roof Shingles
Of all the different types of shingles, these are the most commonly used because they’re the least expensive and relatively easy to install. These shingles are made of fiberglass mats coated with asphalt containing sand-like granules.
The downside: Asphalt shingles have a relatively short life span of 20 to 30 years, and they don’t fare well in areas where the temperature fluctuates unexpectedly, such as the Midwest.
Why choose asphalt roofing shingles? They’re the most economical of roofing options and come in plenty of styles and color selections.
This type of roof is made with many different materials – aluminum, steel, copper, zinc and titanium. If properly maintained, your metal roof could last as long as 50 years. You may want to consider metal if your home’s roofline is flat or steep.
The downside: Metal roofing can become noisy whenever it’s hailing or raining.
Why choose metal roofing shingles? They’re durable, fireproof and good at shedding snow and ice.
Not only are slate shingles durable – lasting anywhere from 80 to 100 years – they are also highly resistant to water and physical damage.
The downside: In addition to their high price tag, slate is expensive to repair because very few roofing companies specialize in this particular type of shingle. Furthermore, slate is rather heavy and may not be a good fit if your home can’t handle the weight.
Why choose slate roofing shingles? They’re one of the longest-lasting types of roofing material you can choose, and on the right style of home, adds a nice visual appeal.
Aside from being durable and having a lifespan of 30 to 50 years, wood shingles are more environmentally friendly than other types. This type of roof shingle is usually made of cedar, but can also be made of other rot-resistant woods, such as redwood.
The downside: Although energy-efficient and long-lasting, wood shingles are less fire-resistant than other types. They’re also more susceptible to termites and mold.
Why choose wood roofing shingles? They’re visually appealing and generally cooler than other types of shingles that are darker in color."
For more information on your roof or Budget Dumpster, please visit their blog.
If your roof doesn't hold up in a storm and you are a victim of water damage, please call us at 978-688-2242, to make it "Like it never even happened."
Do's and Don'ts of Summer Storms
Floods kill an average of 140 people per year in the U.S., making flooding the most deadly disaster.
Summer storms can be beautiful to watch but also very dangerous to your home and office. In order to stay safe, please follow these and other safety tips for your home.
Before the Storm
- Have an emergency supply kit on hand
- Develop a communication plan with all members of your family
- Unplug electrical equipment
- Secure outdoor objects that could cause damage if they are thrown
- Stay inside a building or hard top vehicle
- Secure windows and doors
During the Storm
- Use a battery operated radio for updates and alerts
- Avoid contact with corded phones
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment
- Avoid contact with water
- Stay away from windows and doors
After the Storm
- Do not touch any downed wires
- Do not drive through a flooded roadway
- Stay away from storm damaged areas
Keep you and your family safe through a storm. When in doubt, stay away from anything that may look suspicious.
Emergency Fire Tips for Homeowners and Business Owners
SERVPRO® of Lawrence will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has taken over.
The first 48 hours after fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO® of Lawrence can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. We provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
- Limit movement to prevent further damage
- Place clean towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances with light coating of petroleum jelly
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO®
- Don’t attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO®
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water damage without consulting a repair service.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
So before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at (978) 688-2242. SERVPRO® of Lawrence has worked for over 40 years to help make fire damage “Like it never even happened.”