Emergency Fire Tips for Homeowners and Business Owners
The first 48 hours after fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO® of Lawrence can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. We provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
- Limit movement to prevent further damage
- Place clean towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances with light coating of petroleum jelly
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO®
- Don’t attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO®
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water damage without consulting a repair service.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
So before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at (978) 688-2242. SERVPRO® of Lawrence has worked for over 40 years to help make fire damage “Like it never even happened.”