Cold Weather Safety Tips
Winter time in and around Lawrence, Methuen and Dracut can be very beautiful! It can also bring lots of weather hazards. Dressing in layers and taking steps to each your body properly fuel should ensure you can enjoy all that winter has to offer!
1. Wear layers - Many layers trap more heat in than just a big jacket alone
2. Hat and Gloves - Most of the body's heat loss occurs in these extremities so keep them covered.
3. Stay Dry - Water compounds any cold weather situation and dramatically speeds up heat loss. For example, wet feet loss heat 25 times faster than dry feet.
4. Take a break = take frequent, short breaks in a warm dry shelter to let your body heat up.
5. Feed! - Eating warm, high calorie foods will give your body the energy it needs to create body heat. Pasta, warm sugar water/sports drinks, etc.
Stay Safe and Warm!