Why Choose SERVPRO Vacuum Freeze Drying
The Document Restoration Team used the same technique the Liberty of Congress used to dry water-damaged books
- Vacuum Freeze drying is the most effective time way to salvage water-damaged documents.
- The Document Restoration Team uses sublimation - turning a solid directly into a vapor, skipping the liquid stage to avoid causing more damage to the documents.
- The state of the art technology used by SERVPRO technicians is the only method approved by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and the General Services Administration (GSA).
- Other methods such as dehumidification can alter the structure of the paper’s fibers causing them to become more brittle.
- All employees of the Document Restoration Team are HIPAA Master certified.
- Once your items arrive at the SERVPRO facility, 24/7 video surveillance is guaranteed.
- Anyone entering the Drying Chamber Facility must sign in and out with their arrival and departure time.
- Standard drying time is 7-10 days. Time frame varies based on moisture content and backlog. Call a member of the Document Restoration Team for current lead time.