Summer Storms can Surprise You!
Summer storms can be beautiful to watch but also very dangerous to your home and office. In order to stay safe, please follow these and other safety tips for your home.
Before the Storm
- Have an emergency supply kit on hand
- Develop a communication plan with all members of your family
- Unplug electrical equipment
- Secure outdoor objects that could cause damage if they are thrown
- Stay inside a building or hard top vehicle
- Secure windows and doors
During the Storm
- Use a battery operated radio for updates and alerts
- Avoid contact with corded phones
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment
- Avoid contact with water
- Stay away from windows and doors
After the Storm
- Do not touch any downed wires
- Do not drive through a flooded roadway
- Stay away from storm damaged areas
Keep you and your family safe through a storm. When in doubt, stay away from anything that may look suspicious.