Winter has just Arrived!
Although this cold season has felt mild for many of us in the northeast, winter isn't over yet! February has brought some big storms our way in the past so please stay prepared! When the snow flies, please follow these helpful tips to stay safe:
- If you have to travel, please be careful when out and about as the roads may be slippery.
- Leave the plows extra room to help take care of our roads.
- Keep a few extra car lengths between you and other travelers just in case anyone needs to stop quickly
- Keep your gas tank at least 1/2 full to avoid freezing lines
- Accelerate slowly to maintain traction on the roads
- Take your time slowing down as sudden braking can cause slipping on ice.
- AAA shares this tip: Don’t stop going up a hill. Get some inertia going on a flat roadway before you take on the hill.
And as always, thank you to all of our emergency responders and utility workers who have to respond.
Please stay safe if you have to travel and as always, if you can, stay home.
For more on the local weather in and around Lawrence and Methuen.