Winter Storm Damage in Your Lawrence Area Home
Winter months are very hazardous to homes and businesses. With rain, snow, below freezing temperatures, and ice there are many different causes of damage. While the weather is in Mother Nature’s control, there are steps that everyone can take in order to protect their property.
- Watch for downed limbs and trees. The weight of ice and snow can cause these to break and fall, causing damage to electrical lines or homes. If it does take down wires, stay away from them and call 911 or your electrical company. Do not touch anything that the wires are on. You never know if they are live.
- Inspect the roof, gutters, and water pipes for damage. Keep them clear of all debris.
- Keep roof lines clear of snow and ice as much as possible to prevent ice dams
- When temperatures dip below freezing, keep faucets dripping in order to prevent frozen pipes that can burst and cause further damage.
- If you own a commercial building, consider asking SERVPRO® of Lawrence to provide and Emergency Ready Profile to help prepare you when an emergency does happen. As this is a free program, there is no better time than now to get this started.
These and many more tips will help keep you safe this winter, and hopefully prevent less damage to your property.