Biohazard, Vandalism & Crime Scene Remediation and Cleanup
SERVPRO® of Lawrence Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove hazardous biological substances and prepare waste for proper disposal.
Biohazard, Vandalism & Crime Scene Remediation and Cleanup
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. Failure to properly handle and safely remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove hazardous biological substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, our trained certified professionals, help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and businesses.
Blood borne Pathogens
We remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue, and other pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death. Trained Professionals thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout at structure. We follow federal and state guidelines to clean all surfaces.
Arson and Vandalism
We are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. We also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods, and human or animal waste.
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty and smelly. These damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. Trained Professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture disinfecting as they clean to ensure the structure is cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
Hoarders typically collect excessive amount of items. As these items pile up in a home it can create a serious safety hazard. Hoarder homes become a breeding ground for pests and possibly unsafe pathogens. SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow has the necessary tools to safely complete the job.
Why does my business need an ERP?
SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and we want to help you quickly get your business back in working order.
An Emergency Ready Profile® also referred to as an ERP, is a no cost service offered by SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow to all business owners in the Sothern Rockingham County of New Hampshire. It contains critical information needed in the event of an emergency, to help you from becoming part of the 50% of business that do not reopen after a disaster.
Preparation is key for making it through any size business interruption whether it is a small water leak, large fire, or a burst pipe that flooded your business over the long holiday weekend. No one ever plans on these events and they usually happen at the most inopportune times. However, planning ahead for such disasters can save you a lot of time if you ever find yourself knee deep in waste water. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize any “down time” to your business.
Emergency Ready Profile Highlights:
- No cost assessment of your facility.
- Concise document (also available digitally on an app), that contains all of the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identifies the chain of command authorizing work to begin.
- Provides detailed information such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and contact information. It is so detailed it contains information for our crews so they know where to park, what door to enter, and what elevators to take if needed.
SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and we want to help you quickly get your business back in working order. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever happens?”
Contact your local Sales & Marketing Representative at SERVPRO® of Lawrence and ask them to schedule an ERP for your business today!
Preparing your home and business for winter
Contact your local Sales & Marketing Representative at SERVPRO® of Lawrence, and ask about starting and Emergency Ready Profile.
With the holiday season upon us, we all know that means winter and all Mother Nature has to unleash is not far behind. Colder temperatures can bring frozen pipes, puffbacks, ice dams, and the flu. There are however many things you can do to help prepare your home and/or business for all winter throws at us.
Preparing your home:
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells so warm air can circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets especially if they run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Ensure gutter are clean and secure. Leaves and debris can accumulate in gutters which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
Preparing your business:
- Inspect your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Heavy wind , rain, ice, or snow can cause branches to fall which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Check walkways and parking lots for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potentially slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Contact your local Sales & Marketing Representative at SERVPRO® of Lawrence, and ask about starting and Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business. Click here to learn more about the ERP.
Restore vs. Replace
Restoration is much more cost-efficient than replacement.
The goal at SERVPRO® of Lawrence on every disaster is to restore over replace. When assessing damage to your home or business after a fire, flood, storm, etc., our team will determine what can be cleaned and saved, such as furniture, contents, and structural materials. They will also determine what items may need to be replaced, if for whatever the reason, the items can’t be saved.
But why should you consider restoring over replacing? Isn’t this a great time to remodel and get that dream kitchen or bathroom you have always wanted? Wouldn’t it just be easier and faster to demolish and rebuild? I mean they make it look so easy on all those TV shows, but is it covered by your insurance policy?
- Restoration is much more cost-efficient than replacement. Did you know that it is more cost effective to restore your wet/damaged floor than it is to rip it up and replace it?
- Gives you peace of mind. Many items cannot be replaced, such as important documents, antique furniture, and family heirlooms. New is not always the better answer when it comes to memories.
- Saves time. Drying a wet floor will get you back to your preloss condition a lot sooner than, tearing out and laying down a new floor.
- It’s the preferred method of insurance companies. Insurance policies often have limits that cap the amount of a claim.
- Better for the environment. Everything that is ripped up and taken away needs to go somewhere.
If you find yourself in the middle of disaster, our trained, certified professionals are just a phone call away. We are available 24/7/365 and we work with your insurance company to manage the process and paperwork. SERVPRO® of Lawrence would love the opportunity to work with you to make it “Like it never even happened.”
What to expect in winter – Lawrence/Methuen/Dracut
When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can back flow under shingles and into your structure’s interior.
Frozen pipes, puffbacks, ice dams, and the flu. Yes the fresh fallen snow is a beautiful sight for many, but all the complications that can accompany winter may leave you a little uneasy. Maybe you are a new home owner or business owner? Maybe this is your first time in a location where temperatures often dip into the negatives? Either way we have outlined a few of the hazards often seen when we are in the dead of winter.
A frozen pipe can burst at the point where the ice blockage inside the pipe is located, but typically the rupture is caused by the backflow pressure between the water sources and the blockage. A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. To learn about how to prepare your home or business click here. (link to winter weather blog)
Ice dams form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can back flow under shingles and into your structure’s interior. Ice dams can be a major problem during the winter months. Be sure all gutters are cleaned and secured.
What to expect in winter – Lawrence/Methuen/Dracut Pt 2.
It’s important to remember to never sleep or leave a room with a portable heater still on, and keep combustibles at least 3 feet away.
Puffbacks, Chimneys, and Space Heaters
A puffback is a messy furnace malfunction that occurs when an oil burner backfires, sending soot throughout your home or business. It can happen all at once covering an interior in grimy soot or a puffback can leak soot particles more gradually. Likewise a chimney fire could end smoke billowing throughout your home. Proper maintenance of your furnace and regular chimney checkups can help reduce these risks.
Space heaters present a greater potential for human error such as leaving them too close to combustible materials or failing to operate and maintain them properly. It’s important to remember to never sleep or leave a room with a portable heater still on, and keep combustibles at least 3 feet away.
Every year it seems that cold & flu season hits us earlier and harder than the year before. You can help prevent the spread of flu germs by depending on us to sanitize building materials, surfaces, and contents following restoration industry standards. We use professional cleaning products and EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants.
Be prepared this winter and know SERVPRO® of Lawrence is available 24/7/365.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-688-2242
Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-688-2242
Mold and You...What Can You Do?
When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Lawrence for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Lawrence specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-688-2242
Damage doesn't wait for you to be ready
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO® of Lawrence provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO® of Lawrence arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 978-688-2242
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO® of Lawrence
SERVPRO® of Lawrence specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO®’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew
Learning how to be prepared!
"Disasters happen" and not only devastate individuals and neighborhoods, but entire communities, including businesses of all sizes.
This year for National Preparedness Month, join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all types, and leading efforts to encourage the community as a whole to become more prepared. We must work together as a team to ensure that our families, businesses, places of worship and neighborhoods are ready. At Ready.gov/business, companies can find vital information on how to begin preparing their organization and addressing their unique needs during an emergency. You can also contact your local SERVPRO® to find out more on how to be ready when disaster strikes with the Emergency READY Program®. If A Disaster Strikes, Will You Be Ready? It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to help you better prepare for an emergency situation.
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps and/ or check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans.
- Assemble or update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
- Document property and obtain appropriate insurance for relevant hazards.
- Make property improvements to reduce potential injury and property damage.
Emergencies can happen anytime to anyone. Take action now to protect yourself and your property