Full Service SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Lawrence is so happy to be able to offer our commercial clients in Lawrence, Methuen, and Dracut, MA full service with the new addition of a reconstruction division! Many, if not all, of our clients are thrilled to learn we can now handle their claim from start, all the way to the finish line! This allows our customer to continue to great the same great service they are used to see on the mitigation side transition directly over to the repairs portion of the claim. Our recon team writes in the same estimating program as the insurance companies, making the process of getting your business reopened as painless and smooth as possible. SERVPRO is also continuing to offer excellent response times for our clients, setting our reconstruction division apart from many other general contractors that are booked solid months in advance!
Call SERVPRO of Lawrence today for any further information! 978.688.2242
SERVPRO of Lawrence, Celebrating Generations of Clean!
Always your first call when disaster strikes!
SERVPRO of Lawrence has been a family run business since it opened its doors in Windham, NH back in 1975. Our franchise moved to Lawrence, MA in 1985 and has been here ever since!
With over 100 combined years of knowledge and expertise, SERVPRO of Lawrence continues to lead our industry in cleaning and restoration services throughout the Merrimack Valley region. Our second generation ownership team was born and raised this community. Because of this, we are full aware of its strengths, challenges and its local people and businesses. It brings us some much joy to be able to help the schools that taught us, to serve the agents and adjusters who grow with us, and the homes we made memories in.
If working with a trained and certified firm is important to you, as well as supporting a local company - SERVPRO of Lawrence at 978.688.2242 is your only call!
Fire, Water, Mold, Reconstruction Services
A Clean Home Sells Faster
In today's real estate marketplace, you can have an edge with a reputation for having quality listings. You also want the ability to move a sale through quickly to get your commission. Presentation is everything.
SERVPRO of Lawrence professionals will inspect a property - including crawl spaces - to help determine the extent of water or mold damage and remove potentially harmful bacteria and odors.
So before you risk your buyer's health or the opportunity to close the sale of a property, call the local cleanup and restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Lawrence at 978.688.2242 for a free personal walk through and quote.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, SERVPRO staff arrives on any and all inspects in personal protective equipment for the safety of all parties.
Call SERVPRO for all your Winter Needs!
WATER… that amazing property that can be a liquid, solid or a gas. We need water to wash dishes, do laundry, shower, cook… the list could go on and on. But in the winter when temperatures drop, that liquid can quickly turn to solid ice and cause havoc in our plumbing. Outlined below are the 3 main causes of frozen pipes as well as ways to prevent pipes from freezing when the bitter cold strikes.
The 3 main causes of frozen pipes are:
- Quick drops in temperature
- Poor insulation
- Thermostat too low
Quick drops in temperature
We can’t control Jack Frost but we can take actions to prevent pipes from bursting when he puts us under a cold spell. Did you know a frozen garden hose can actually burst an indoor pipe? When the water in the hose freezes, it expands, increasing pressure throughout the whole plumbing system. Garden hoses should be disconnected, drained, and stored before the first freeze.
Close the interior shut-off valve leading to outside faucets, open and drain the spigot, and install a faucet insulator. Don’t forget, outdoor kitchens need winterizing, too, to prevent damage.
Exposed pipes are most susceptible to freezing so be sure to insulate pipes in your attic or crawl space even if you live where freezing is uncommon. Consider installing products made to insulate water pipes like a "pipe sleeve," "heat tape," or similar materials on exposed water pipes. Newspaper can provide some degree of insulation and protection to exposed pipes.
Thermostat too low
Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By momentarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
If you are planning to head south for the winter, make sure the furnace is set to no lower than 55 degrees. Shut off the main water supply and drain the system by opening all faucets and flushing the toilets. In extreme situations (a vacation home in a bitterly cold climate), you may want to have a plumber come to inspect the system.
If you find yourself in the middle of disaster, our trained, certified professionals are just a phone call away. We are available 24/7/365 and we work with your insurance company to manage the process and paperwork. SERVPRO of Lawrence would love the opportunity to work with you to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Winter has just Arrived!
Although this cold season has felt mild for many of us in the northeast, winter isn't over yet! February has brought some big storms our way in the past so please stay prepared! When the snow flies, please follow these helpful tips to stay safe:
- If you have to travel, please be careful when out and about as the roads may be slippery.
- Leave the plows extra room to help take care of our roads.
- Keep a few extra car lengths between you and other travelers just in case anyone needs to stop quickly
- Keep your gas tank at least 1/2 full to avoid freezing lines
- Accelerate slowly to maintain traction on the roads
- Take your time slowing down as sudden braking can cause slipping on ice.
- AAA shares this tip: Don’t stop going up a hill. Get some inertia going on a flat roadway before you take on the hill.
And as always, thank you to all of our emergency responders and utility workers who have to respond.
Please stay safe if you have to travel and as always, if you can, stay home.
For more on the local weather in and around Lawrence and Methuen.
Storm Health and Safety Tips
Winter time in and around Lawrence, Methuen and Dracut can be very beautiful! It can also bring lots of weather hazards. Dressing in layers and taking steps to each your body properly fuel should ensure you can enjoy all that winter has to offer!
1. Wear layers - Many layers trap more heat in than just a big jacket alone
2. Hat and Gloves - Most of the body's heat loss occurs in these extremities so keep them covered.
3. Stay Dry - Water compounds any cold weather situation and dramatically speeds up heat loss. For example, wet feet loss heat 25 times faster than dry feet.
4. Take a break = take frequent, short breaks in a warm dry shelter to let your body heat up.
5. Feed! - Eating warm, high calorie foods will give your body the energy it needs to create body heat. Pasta, warm sugar water/sports drinks, etc.
Stay Safe and Warm! Keep COVID common sense in mind as well by always washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds!!
Want more helpful tips. Call us at 978.688.2242
Be Prepped before the Storm
At this point most New Englanders know how to handle the big winter storms. We rush to the grocery store to get milk and bread because we are all convinced we will be in our house for days on end! The storms that bring feet of snow to our area, no school for days, and state of emergency to keep nonessential personal off the roads. You could lose power, which could cause food spoilage or frozen pipes… and let’s not forget if there is a quick warm up right behind it, you could experience flooding. The nice thing about these larger storms is that they give us time to prepare.
BUT what about the smaller storms? The ones that only bring a coating, inch or two of sleet, snow or ice? The ones that they always say won’t cause much of an impact?
Did you know these smaller, less significant storms can actually cause a greater impact to your home and business? Why? Because we don’t prepare as much. We are told they won’t be as big so we tend not to stress as much and let our guard down. Four wheel drive can plow through anything right… wrong!
So... what can you do?
- Have a list of your vendors and an emergency ready profile (ERP) completed on your business as an additional add to your continuity plan. It saves you time, in the event this “insignificant storms” turns out to be a really big deal.
- Just because there is a storm coming, your business operations cannot come to a halt. Set clear expectations for those in authority as well as non-critical employees in the event an emergency does occur. Is your emergency plan communicated by text, email, or phone call? Is everyone aware of this? It may also be beneficial to subscribe to and send out public transportation updates so no employees are left stranded at your office. Likewise is it acceptable for your employees to arrive late or leave early to ensure their safety?
- With smaller storms we tend to not walk the perimeter of our business to inspect for damage or ice accumulation. By not doing this, it can lead to larger issues down the road or worse, a customer becoming injured. It is always a good practice no matter how large or small the storm might be to inspect your property and document everything. You never know when your insurance may need that information.
In the end, the size of the storm shouldn’t matter. As business owners preparation is key no matter what Mother Nature has up her sleeve. Contact your sales and marketing representative to learn more about the emergency ready profile (ERP) and how it could benefit your business. Call us with more information 978.688.2242
Commercial Need - Call us First!
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO® of Lawrence is so vital. Just go to our website on your mobile phone or call 978-688-2242 to get the team that’s faster to any size disaster. We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the devastating effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best.
Here are 8 reasons why your company should get an Emergency Ready Profile® today on every one of your buildings.
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise Profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
SERVPRO® of Lawrence is part of a Franchise System that has more than 50 years of leadership in cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon. We are quietly taking to the streets, every hour of every day, proving that whenever there is a house full of water or an office full of smoke, there is also a van full of clean.
Flooded Basement, Make SERVPRO of Lawrence your first call!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Lawrence, Methuen, or Dracut basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 978-688-2242
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Lawrence and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Call us for assistance in cleaning your flooded basement at 978-688-2242
Severe Storm - What you need to know.
Severe weather can happen at anytime, anywhere. Each year, people in the US deal with many different types of intense storms. Here are the averages:
10,000 severe thunderstorms
5,000 floods or flash floods
2 landfalling deadly hurricanes
About 98% of all government declared disasters as weather related, leading to around 650 deaths per years and nearly $15 billion in damages according to noaa.gov. Knowing your risk of severe weather, taking action and being an example are just a few steps you can take to be better prepared to save your life and assist in saving the lives of others.
What is the difference between WATCH vs. WARNING?
Watch: Conditions are favorable for severe weather. Remain alert for further warnings.
Warning: Severe weather has been spotted or indicted by radar. Take cover immediately.